Attitude and commitment are choices that we make every day. Whether his is litigating a child custody case, or crafting an estate plan for his clients, Nick uses his experience and commitment to overcome obstacles. Nick’s personal dedication to understanding his clients’ goals and finding a way to realize them is his main focus. He practices in the areas of family law, estate planning, civil litigation, and is trained in Collaborative Law.
When not serving his clients, Nick enjoys spending the majority of his time outdoors with his wife Allister and their son Sully, where you can find them surfing, kayaking, and fishing around the Wilmington, North Carolina area. Since Nick lacks an off-switch, he has been playing rugby since 2007. He currently plays for his beloved Cape Fear Rugby team, the Flytraps, which he would be more than happy to talk your ear off about.
He says about rugby: “It’s a game that requires preparation, patience, focus, skill, and tenacity. These are hallmark qualities of an attorney who advocates for his clients.”
Community Volunteer Work
- New Hanover County, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- North Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Elon Law School Bar Exam Mentor Program
- Cape Fear Rugby Club, Board of Directors
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Section, Estate Planning & Fiduciary Section
- Brunswick County Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Socastee High School, Myrtle Beach, SC
- B.A. Coastal Carolina University, History
- J.D. Elon University School of Law